Monday, March 21, 2016

Behind my eyelids

           Haven't been writing in this blog in a long time. So long. Well, I don't know how to get back into it, but it has to start somewhere, right? Well, I wrote a small piece for a literature class. It was supposed to be a first draft of a travel writing. Since I have been so busy with assignments, this is quite an escape of this fast-paced world. As much as I can feel the hot sun on my neck in this hot weather of Thailand, this work is all fictional and I created it out of my own imagination. So..here goes


I lift up my face, accepting the hot rays of sun, and the fresh breeze that hits me in earnest. Behind my eyelids, I can hear the gentle coos of the ocean pulling in and out. I open my eyes. I see the lacework of palm trees above me, and the corner of my lips rises. Far ahead, I see miles of clear water and as I walk closer to where the wave pulls, I take my shoes off. The feeling of the warm sand reminds me of my childhood when I came here with my family a few years back. Those memories are what makes this place special in my heart. I walk on the wet sand as the cool waves lick at my feet. Spotting some sparkles in the golden shore, I bend down to pick up the varieties of seashells. Pinks, oranges, purples. The feeling of its rough shell prickles against my hand and the feeling of the soft sand between my fingers… I sigh in happiness bliss. 

Much..much..love,
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...