Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gemma's Pad Thai





This is the picture of the Pad Thai I first made by myself (with my aunt's instruction). It had a sweet and sour taste with a hint of spiciness. I really like how it taste. The texture of the noodles are the kind that I like. Chewy but still soft. When you squeeze some lemon on it, it brings out the freshness and made me think of spring. I also add some crush fried peanuts too. My dad likes to put it on Pad Thai every time he eats it. I never knew why until I actually try. It brings out the taste of Thailand, my home. Thank you God for everything.
What you'll need:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

5 cloves of garlic (crush then chop it into little bits )

5 eggs (more or less depends on how many people there is)

1/2 pounds of shrimp (raw or cook)

1 bag fresh rice noodles (can find it at United noodle)

2 cups of bean sprouts

1 bunch green onion

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 tablespoon salt

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 lemon

1/4 tablespoon black soy sauce (that's how the noodles are brown)

1/4 cup of water

1 tablespoon tamarind

1 tablespoon crush fried peanuts


So let's start, shall we?


My style of making Pad Thai was sorted in 3 parts.

Part 1. Cooking the eggs. I separate the process of cooking eggs so that the noodles won't get mix with the eggs. You can just make an omelet and cut the eggs into little piece.


Part 2. Cooking the noodles. Put the noodles in cold water for 1 minutes then put it in boiled water it for 30 seconds. Then rinse it in cold water.


Part 3. Making the Pad Thai sauce. Heat the oil on high then put the sugar in it. When almost all of the sugar is melted, put the garlic in. Fried it until it is yellowish-brown. Then you put the shrimp in. Add salt, soy sauce, black soy sauce, water, tamarind and hot pepper (option). Taste the sauce to see if that's the flavor you like. Put the noodles after reducing the heat to medium. Add the eggs (from part 1), bean sprouts and green onion. Set it in a cool dish and side it with a slice of lemon and sprinkle some crush dried peanuts on top (this is the secret of making it delicious).

So there you got it. Pad Thai in Gemma's style.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.

See you again soon!!

Ps. So sorry if there's miss spelling and grammar errors. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! You'll have to try this recipe out on Josh and me :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...