Friday, April 6, 2012

Hunger Games


      The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins has been talked about for the last few weeks! I went to see it in the theatre with Jen, Josh, Grannie, Justin (Jen's sister) and Zach (Justine's husband). We really wanted to see the movie since the day it came out but was too busy. But yes, it's about time we see this movie.
      Overall, I would say the movie was very good. It got me sitting at the edge of the seat! It feel so real and made me have a sick-feeling in my stomach from not knowing what to expect (even though I have read the book before). One thing that is (what I think) bad about the movie is that the movie was a bit shaky. I don't know if it was suppose to be like that but it gave me headache - maybe that is where the sick-feeling came from. 
      For those who haven't read it yet, the movie is about the North America divided into 13 districts by the Capital. Every year, there is this thing called reaping, which is choosing one boy and one girl from each districts aged 12-18 years old to go to this thing called Hunger games. The Hunger Games is where all the kids who were chosen from the districts fights to death and ends with one winner.
      Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything. But like I said, it's a very good movie and I would recommend it to anyone (who's over the age of 13, of course).
      Anyways, the movie has some interesting fashion by Judianna Makovsky. She is also the costume designer for the Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone movie too. Throughout the movie, the fashion range from a simple vintage style to hello Lady Gaga. 

      On the reaping day, Katniss wear this blue dress. This dress was made out of a vintage clothing and it fit very well for Katniss, because the dress was suppose to be a hand-me-down from her mother. 
      The girl on fire, this should be the dress that was the most beautiful dress out of the whole movie. In the book, she was dazzling and everyone cheered. Yet, in the movie, the dress was simple and does not stand out that much, except the fact the it goes into flame. I must say, I am very disappointed.
      The combat boots, the tight fiting grayish-green pants and black shirt paired with a black Jacket is what defines Katniss in the Arena. This outfit is based out of a military theme, I would say and everyone is trying on this style! Her here is dutch braided side ways, in a simple fashion yet, if you typed in on YouTube, there would be more than 10 videos on this particular hair style from her. I like this very much. 


      Ah, the Capitol people. In the books, they were suppose to be colorful and very "Gaga" like. This is what I had in my mind of the Capitol people- green hairs, blue lips, orange eyes hadows.
      China Glaze created this nail polish with the hunger games theme: colours from the capitol. Which do you like?


      Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks) would be the Fashion Star of this show. She made a statement with her clothes and makeup that pink makes you feel good!

      Here is a closer look to here makeup. I believe this is from the interview (in the movie) before Katniss goes to the hunger games. Those lashes are very fancy and I love that lipstick color!!
Posted by Picasa


Much..much..love,
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...