Friday, September 21, 2012

Hello from Thailand (finally)

 
Posted by Picasa

       Hey guys! It's been a while! I am now here in Thailand for about a week now and finally got a chance to sit down and tell you guys about the trip here! :)

       So as always, I didn't really start packing til the week of. My oh my. I realized that I have soooooooooo much stuff! My mum had to get an extra luggage. Yeah, it was pretty sad but she said that would be my Graduation present (thanks mum!) We had to wake up (well, I stayed up all night) around 4am. It was kindda difficult. Why? Well, here's the thing. All the time, I always used Delta airline. But this time, we used Korean Airline. For luggage, it has to be 50 pounds and for a carry on, it has to be 26 pounds. For my carry on, it was 38 pounds. Soooooooooo, we had to pay more because of the over weight. It was very frustrating and embarrassing moment because there we are, two Asians, on the floor, stuffing things in other suitcases. But the airport lady came and helped us out. We were so thankful. She was very kind and we ended up talking about Korean Dramas :)
       Okay, so the Korean Airline is the best airline I ever went on. If you ever go to Thailand or those who wish to go to America, go with Korean Airline. Because their hospitality is sooooo good! One thing that I was so impress with is that they have slippers for us. You know when you're in an 18 hour flight and you take off your shoes because your feet are killing you? Yeah, I am so glad for those slippers! And the food was awesome! It was just a wonderful experience. Oh, and the flight attendants spoke Korean to me, which I response with kum-sa-hum-ni-da, which means thank you, because for some reason, my head was thinking of Japanese words instead. Haha! When we landed in Korean, oh my goodness! I was like in a make up heaven! Everywhere is like oohs and ahhs. And there was a royal family coming to greet us too. Just kidding. They were normal people dress in Korean's traditional dress, 'hanbook.' Which was pretty cool and I will post the pictures later :)
       When we got to Thailand, we landed in Chaing Mai, which is like couple hours from where we live. Unfortunately, this small airport closes at midnight. We landed around 10:50pm but my mum told my dad to pick us up at 11:50pm. Yeah. But my dad came right in time. ^_^
        Yeah. The little journey from Minnesota Thailand was both stressful and a fun experience. But I am glad to finally be home. I have no idea I missed Thailand this much. But I also miss America too! Don't worry guys, I'll be back. I promise. :)

Much..much..love,
Gemma 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...