Saturday, May 9, 2015

A lovely surprise in the dark...

What is your fear? Is it… a strange scratching voice you hear outside the window when you’re on the second floor? Is it…a sound of heavy footsteps near your bed when you live alone? Or is it the feeling that there’s someone there, in the dark corner of the room?
I’ve never been much of a fan of the dark. You see, it makes me see things when, perhaps, there’s nothing there at all. But once in a while, I like the thrill of the dark – walking into the room with no night except for my phone. I don't know why I that because that is how most people get killed in horror movies, but I know I'll never do this again.
You know where I’m going with this, right? Well, today I woke up at 11 but it’s pretty cloudy outside…dark and gloomy. I was addicted to this show called Outlander since last night so I continue to watch it as I brush my teeth. However, through all this, I kept the light off except the luminescent of my iPad. Being so engage in the screen, I really did care much about anything else.
Alas, here’s the scary, horrifying, and disturbing moment. As I flush, there was an unknown thing in the toilet. No poop jokes here. I was not wearing glasses and the light was not on. I thought I dropped my phone like I almost did last time. Yet, I was holding nothing but my iPad so what was that thing?
The moment I turned on the light, I jumped so far back my head hit the wall. Inside toilet bowl…there was a…big…sized…rat. Yep. I said rat because it was the side of my hand. I’m getting chills just thinking back to it. Its empty eyes stared blankly at me. Ugh. I ran downstairs to tell the front desk to remove the rat from my bathroom. You know what’s worst? It was still alive, swimming causally in the water.
All right. Bring on the poop jokes but there’s nothing funny about seeing a rat trying to climb up the toilet you just sat on. So here’s the lesson of the day: pay attention to the surroundings (yes, that means putting down the electronic devices once in a while) and, mind you, don’t walk into a dark room.

Much..much..love,
Gemma.


Ps. This is not my picture as I was scared out of my mind when I saw it to take out my phone and snap a picture. So I googled 'rat in the toilet' and this guy showed up. It's super gross and apparently had happened to some people too. Oh, and as I am typing this, I turned the air-con in my office and there was a squeaking sound and a soft thump in the machine. Ew. Ew. Ew. Needless to say, I had to run fast and upload this quick. K. Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...