Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hard times

I've been back in America for a month now. Everything seems normal, except that I am 18 now. Happy Birthday to me :) Being 18 is so hard, I feel so old at times too. Now I understand what my mother used to say "When you're young, you want to be old but when you're old, you wanna be young again." I remember my 12 year old self wishing to be 16. And when I'm 16, I want to be 18. And When I'm finally 18 ("Sweet" number), I want to be back when I am 12.
School has been really difficult. Our Senior class have to mix with the Junior class, not the best idea; I like small class better, but I learn to get used to it anyways. Everybody changed, including myself. I read all the things from last year...
"Jemimah, I love your sweet nature";
"You are so fun to be with";
"We are like sisters";
and last but not lease, a note from myself, saying that I am stronger than I thought I am.
This summer had changed me so much, but I hope that I will be the same.
My goal for this year: Get closer with my classmates, learn to do ALL my homework and get closer to God.

Though I can see now that this year gonna be a hard one, but I'm sure I will make it.

Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...