Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Color Lip Blam

           So I made a Baby Lips review like a year ago. You can check it out by clicking this. So as some of you guys may know, I am in Thailand right now and the bad news is... they don't sell Baby Lips, at lease not the ones we can buy at Target or other drug stores. 

This is what it looks like.
           
         I brought this at Watson for 89 baht which would be $2.99. Sometimes they have special sales like buy 1 get one free. The quantity is 4.5 g. Pretty light and it fits right in the front pockets. Oh! And by the way, the color is pink lolita. 


       Key ingredients that stood out to me is tocopheryl acetate (it's a form of vitamin E) , ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (a chemical UV filter used frequently in products) and titanium dioxide (another sunscreen filter). All the ingredients can be found here



         I got 3 "flavors" but have only used 2, cherry kiss and cherry velvet. Like I said, the packaging is very cute and so girly. It comes in like this Chapstick looking tube. The cherry velvet one, I have brought it for my mom around 6 months ago so that's why it looks sort of old haha! Sorry for that. 



Anyways, this is what the cherry kiss ones look like. The color is opaque but it does give a sheer white shine on my lips though. So I only use this one for night time. 

 
The cherry kiss one is very nice! It gives a sheer hint of red. Very pretty color and looks very natural on the lips. Ugh, I should have taken a picture of the swatches.  
Posted by Picasa

What it clams is...
- 6 hours of continuous moisture
-Translucent color & shine 
-SPF16

So, I wore it to bed and when I wake up, it does feel a little shinny but that was more than 6 hours. But wearing it doing daily activities, I feel like it doesn't last 6 hours as it says. But I felt 4 hours with light drinking and eating was good enough without reapplying it. As for the colors, I think I like the color one better because there's no weird white sheen. 

For conclusion, Baby Lips is one of the best lipblam I ever used but I think I like the American version better because for some reason the "Asian" one seems to be more creamy. I'm just sayin'. But it still works fine. I would recommend it to my friends!! 

Much..much..love,
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...